From: Eric Covener [mailto:cove...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2018 12:39 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: EXT: Re: [users@httpd] Mutual authentication between Apache HTTP
server and an application server.

On Sun, Feb 11, 2018 at 1:33 PM, Naveen Nandyala - Vendor
<naveen.nandy...@walmart.com<mailto:naveen.nandy...@walmart.com>> wrote:
On Apache I’m using 3rd party signed certificate. And I’ve added Apache  root
certificate to WAS truststore to trust my Apache. Similar way I want to add my
WAS certificate to Apache to trust my Application server. On WAS end I’m having
a self-signed certificate.

Below two parameters determine my Apache server certificate this contains
certificate of my virtual which end user access.

    SSLCertificateFile /u/applic/tc/HTTP/config/ssl/virtual.pem
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /u/applic/tc/HTTP/config/ssl/virtual.key

I’m struckup on how can I add my websphere certificate on to Apache truststore.

Earlier I was using IBM HTTP server and Plugin instead of Apache where I’ve kdb
file where I used to add Websphere server personal certificate to signer
certificates of HIS in kdb file. But in Apache as I use pem and key files
unable to find exactly where I can add websphere certificate for mutual
authentication.

From Apache documentation I see it doesn’t support encrypted private keys.

​You seem to be jumping back and forth between distinctly different problems.
I suggest tackling one problem at a time, e.g.  getting the trust right w/o
client authentication.