Hi all,

I'm developing a REST api based on PHP 7.1 and Apache 2.4 (under ubuntu 17.10). The api requires the following methods working:

GET POST OPTIONS PUT DELETE

After a lot of googling and asking to other colleagues I finally arrived at mod_allowmethods so I changed my configuration in the following way:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName myserver.org
    ServerAlias be.myserver.org

    ServerAdmin x...@yyy.ch
    DocumentRoot /var/www/be.myserver.org/

    ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
    CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

    DocumentRoot /var/www/be.myserver.org/

*    <Location "/">**
**        AllowMethods OPTIONS GET POST PUT DELETE**
**    </Location>**
*
    ServerSignature Off
</VirtualHost>

Of course I enabled the mod_allowmethods:

# apache2ctl -M
Loaded Modules:
 core_module (static)
 so_module (static)
 watchdog_module (static)
 http_module (static)
 log_config_module (static)
 logio_module (static)
 version_module (static)
 unixd_module (static)
 access_compat_module (shared)
 alias_module (shared)
*allowmethods_module (shared)*
 auth_basic_module (shared)
 authn_core_module (shared)
 authn_file_module (shared)
 authz_core_module (shared)
 authz_host_module (shared)
 authz_user_module (shared)
 autoindex_module (shared)
 deflate_module (shared)
 dir_module (shared)
 env_module (shared)
 filter_module (shared)
 mime_module (shared)
 mpm_prefork_module (shared)
 negotiation_module (shared)
 php7_module (shared)
 reqtimeout_module (shared)
 setenvif_module (shared)
 status_module (shared)

I included the list of all enabled modules just to be sure there are no other modules conflicting.

Thanks everybody for help! I'm sure that someone that is an Apache guru can help me solve this nasty question!

Francesco