Hello all,

I am trying to inflate, substitute, and then deflate the content
returned to the client based on the response header. The inflate,
substitute are working as i was able to test these out in isolation.

Here is the code:

FilterDeclare FilterInflate CONTENT_SET
FilterProvider FilterInflate INFLATE "%{CONTENT_TYPE} =~ m|^text/html|
&& %{resp:Content-Encoding} = 'gzip'"

FilterDeclare FilterSub CONTENT_SET
FilterProvider FilterSub SUBSTITUTE "%{CONTENT_TYPE} =~ m|^text/html|"
FilterProtocol FilterSub "change=yes"

FilterDeclare FilterDeflate CONTENT_SET
FilterProvider FilterDeflate DEFLATE "%{CONTENT_TYPE} =~ m|^text/html|
&& %{resp:Content-Encoding} = 'gzip'"
FilterProtocol FilterDeflate "change=yes"

And then later on in the file:

<Location "/">
FilterChain FilterInflate +FilterSub +FilterDeflate
</Location>

The deflate does not seem to work as when I review the chrome dev
tools, I don't see the 'Content-Encoding' header. If I remove the
second condition (%{resp:Content-Encoding} = 'gzip'), it seems to work
properly. However, I have that condition also in the Inflate
FilterProvider and it seems to work there.

No errors in the error.log or anything in the access.log. I have not
included the Substitute code as that is not relevant to the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you very much!

--
Chaitanya Govande