Is there a way to do this then? Can I store a env variable if the
Content-Encoding is gzip and use this variable later in execution for
Deflate?

Any other way? I am trying to inflate, substitute and again deflate if
the original content is gziped but if the original content is not
gziped, then simply substitute.

Thanks,

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 1:21 PM, Nick Kew <n...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2 May 2018 11:29:36 -0500
> Chaitanya Govande <chint...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> The deflate does not seem to work as when I review the chrome dev
>> tools, I don't see the 'Content-Encoding' header. If I remove the
>> second condition (%{resp:Content-Encoding} = 'gzip'), it seems to work
>> properly. However, I have that condition also in the Inflate
>> FilterProvider and it seems to work there.
>
> Yep.  When you decompress the contents, it's no longer gzipped,
> so the inflate filter removes the header labelling it as such.
>
> --
> Nick Kew

Chaitanya Govande
847-387-0546