Hi everyone,

First of all, I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this.
Please send me to the appropriate mailing list. Thanks.

I want to know basically what the difference is between a table and a
hash table - regarding the APR implementation.

The one difference that stands out to me is that I can iterate over a
hash. So is a hash like a table with a linked list?

Perhaps a table can also be iterated over too. I haven't used tables yet
- nor skip list nor ring.

I will describe my goal:

I have several sets of data that I want to combine in order to iterate
over them all at once. They need not be in the same memory location. I
would like to avoid copying memory. Ideally the iteration should
continue with the next set once the end of the first has been reached,
etc. I could think of a couple ways to do this, but I imagine it's
already there somewhere in the APR. I see function names containing
"merge" and "append", but the docs do not state how this is done.

I am guessing that apr_array_append is what I would start reading.
However rings look even lighter.

I guess skip lists are not useful to me in this situation.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Best regards,

Simon