I'm not expert on this but I did a quick search. Did you come across
this page in your research:
https://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/webserver_howto/apache.html

Good Luck and let us know how this works out would you. I just leased
my first Tomcat (vps) and I need to establish comms between it and a
http server.