Once again I have tried, and failed, to move from php 5.6 to php 7.0 (using
postmaster under FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE). The results are largely the same, php
pages don’t load either "Primary script unknown” or complaints about filter(0
(which is built in to both php56 and php70).

I’m sure this is all my doing.

So… is there a decent document or how-to or step-by-step on how to updated the
php under apache without everything in apache breaking?

(php itself works fine, it’s the integration with apache 2.24 that I keep
managing to FUBAR. Currently on apache 2.4.35)

--
Otto: Apes don't read philosophy.
Wanda: Yes, they do Otto, they just don't understand it.