On 29 Sep 2018, at 05:59, Frank Gingras <thu...@apache.org> wrote:
> "Everything breaks" isn't really a useful statement. Be more specific if you
> want more precise feedback.

I mentioned a couple of the issues in the original post, which are either fcgi
cannot find the scripts to run, or there is an error with filter.

[proxy_fcgi:error] … AH01071: Got error 'Primary script unknown\n'
[proxy_fcgi:error] … AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Call to
undefined function filter_var()

Though these are the most common issues in trying to upgrade, they are by no
means the only ones.

But my post wasn’t about the specific errors, but more a request to see if
there was a “this is how you upgrade from php 5.6 to php 7.0” which seems like
it should just be a simple upgrade, but doesn’t seem to be, at least interns of
getting it to work with apache 2.4.

1. Upgrade php to 7.0
2. restart php-fpm
3. Stop and start apache

Seems simple enough, but after step 3 php works fine, but apache doesn’t.

Even if I go ahead and reinstall/upgreade apache 2.4, things are still broken.

Repeating the steps with php56 and everything is back to normal

--
Passion is the pill you can swallow forever Taking them one by one One
by One --Agents of Good Roots "Come On”