On 10/27/18 7:49 AM, Eric Covener wrote:
On Sat, Oct 27, 2018 at 7:29 AM Leam Hall <leamh...@gmail.com> wrote:

The only fix seems to be making the "<Directory />" more open than we
want. It seems like Apache can't handle a more open sub-directory than
whatever is allowed for the root directory.

Apache can handle that just fine.  Show the smallest verbatim
configuration that demonstrates something unexpected along w/ the
logs.

Hey Eric, I appreciate the help! Here's what I have, though it is transcribed.

Set locally required limited OS access.

        <Directory />
          Options None
          Order deny,allow
          Deny from all
        </Directory>

We use Apache as a yum repo, and store the rpms outside of the DocumentRoot.

        Alias "/rhel/updates" "/opt/repository/rhel_patch_updates"
        <Directory "/opt/repository/rhel_patch_updates">
          Options All
          Order allow,deny
          Allow from all
        </Directory>

When we hit 'http://myserver/rhel/updates' the error_log says it is denied by server configuration. I've set the LogLevel to "debug" and that's all I get. The log is at work, sorry. I'm the one who did the server configuration so my bet is "operator error", just not sure how to fix it.

Appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!

Leam