No, just that you can "Include" other configurations, and if you don't do
that, it won't work (duh...).  I'm assuming you did that correct, or
specified them right there in the httpd.conf.  The other option is that you
did include the configs, but the "<Directory /> block is after your
included configurations.  In that case, you override the included configs.
The same goes for not including, but specifying in httpd.conf.  Order
matters.  (As in, the order of things, not the directive (although that
also matters, but that's not what I meant here)).