In general, problems which stretch back to the initial 2.4.1 or commonly
deployed 2.4.3 might also affect 2.2.x or 2.0.x. As users have had almost a
decade to adjust and these versions are EOL, the project seems unlikely to
care, and notices are everywhere that the old flavors are no longer
evaluated for the impact of any defects, security or otherwise. Vendors who
support older flavors are on their own to make such evaluations themselves.

And in general, when a later, specific flavor of 2.4.x (e.g. 2.4.17) is
cited as the first version impacted, that version is expected to be the one
where a defect was introduced.

There is the edge case that a problem could exist, then be fixed or masked
sometime before 2.4.1, and later be reintroduced during 2.4.x, but the
rules above should generally apply.