Hello,
This is my first message on this user list, hope that's the right place for
my question.

I am using Apache for proxying a backend server.
The backend server may return, in some occaisons, a 302 response code for
successful requests.
As I cannot alter the backend behavior nor the client's to consider such
response code on Apache.

While going through the options in and trying ways to alter data which is
sent back to clients I found two:
1. mod_substitute - to manipulate respose body.
2. mod_header - to manipulate respose headers.

The problem is that the HTTP Status Line (the very first line returned by
apache) cannot be altered by neither of these modules.
I was also trying to set the response code in various response headers but
none seem to make any affect on the Status Line contents.

Does anyone know of a way to manipulate the HTTP Status Line or how to
internal process of apache works to determine the Status Line (maybe this
way I can cause it to generate a different status line).

Thanks,
Shmuel Krakower.