On Thu, 22 Aug 2019 at 12:02 am, Arnav Garg <arnav.g...@india.nec.com>
wrote:

> Hi Nigel,
>

> Thanks for your prompt reply.
>
> Can you please help me in clarifying some of my doubts?
>
> 1.       What is the significance of setting MaxConnectionsPerChild to a
> value between 1-100 ?
>
> 2.       What are the possible reasons for not setting
> MaxConnectionsPerChild to a high value, greater than 100 ?

It specifies the number of connections that a child process will serve
before being closed and a new one spawned. Having it as 0 means there’s no
limit so they just keep running.

I’m suggesting 100 because it seems you have a memory leak, so looking to
make sure they are restarted before that takes up too much memory. The cost
is the overhead of spawning a new process every X number of connections.

If you set it higher then your memory leak will have more effect.

Best thing is to set it and then monitor and load test the server to get
data to guide decisions on what works for your situation. And identify and
fix the memory leak :)

Hope that helps.

Nigel

Web Technologies and Linux Admin Mentor