On 4/30/20 3:39 PM, Stephen wrote:
I have a standard LAMP for development.

I set up a new virtual host about once every two years and always struggle.

I have added the web site to my hosts file and direct to my server. I have a dozen entries.

I have updated my virtual hosts Apache file

I can ping the new virtual host just fine.

  This site can’t be reached

*www.roissystudiotest.ca*refused to connect.

These error messages don't indicate an Apache configuration problem, but a network problem. That is, "refused to connect" means the problem exists *before* it ever talked to Apache.

So the problem is (almost certainly) one of the following:

* Name doesn't map to right IP address
* Server is not running on that particular IP address (ie, is shut down, on wrong port)
* Firewall doesn't permit connecting to :80 on that particular IP address

The fact that you can "ping" it seems to point to options 2 or 3 in that list.

--
Rich Bowen - rbo...@rcbowen.com
http://rcbowen.com/