Greetings,

On Apache 2.4.18, Ubuntu.

I am looking for a way to access balancer manager programmatically. I tried searching around, but could not find any officially documented API or interfaces.

We are a small organization hosted in AWS. Sometimes we have a need to add/remove a load balancer worker in/from traffic as per current conditions and to save the costs.  We are trying to automate these actions  to avoid mistakes and control these processes via tools/scripts.

We have scripts that can spawn or stop AWS instances and now I'm looking for extending those scripts add/remove members as per need.

I came across few curl scripts, but wanted to check if there is any official programmatic access to balancer manager to add a member.

Also it's not clear if I tinker with worker members using manager gui like documented at https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass, do I need to reload the server again or changes will be automatically applied.

Regards,

Niranjan