These commands only work if apache is running as a service. I don't want
this because apache would be running on my personal computer and I won't
always be using it. Is this possible?

What I want to do is make a c# script that turns apache on and off. I was
able to turn it on but I cannot figure out how to turn it off.

Thanks!