httpd.exe -k graceful

will reload config without stopping Apache or dropping connections

From: Talin Sharma <talinsharma...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2021 6:10 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Re: Graceful shutoff of Apache without it being a
service.

These commands only work if apache is running as a service. I don't want this
because apache would be running on my personal computer and I won't always be
using it. Is this possible?

What I want to do is make a c# script that turns apache on and off. I was able
to turn it on but I cannot figure out how to turn it off.

Thanks!

On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 5:22 PM 😉 Good Guy 😉
<xfs...@hotmail.com<mailto:xfs...@hotmail.com>> wrote:
On 06/05/2021 19:50, Talin Sharma wrote:
> Look at the subject. How do I do this?
>
> I am on windows 10.
>
> Thanks!

httpd -k stop

or

httpd -k shutdown

If you need general help about httpd then just type:

httpd -h

This will give you all the essential commands to control apache.

Good luck.

--

With over 1.3 billion devices now running Windows 10, customer