> I think you need to search for setting up your own CA and sign certs.

Windows is my development environment. Later the website will be hosted on
linux and the linux hosting provider will provide SSL certificate.

I had looked at
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4221874/how-do-i-allow-https-for-apache-on-localhost

But it looks like many answers on this page are obsolete now.

I don't think openssl commands are any differnt on windows.

Yeah, they are not. But I don't know what all arguments to give to openssl.

Maybe easier to get an existing cert and use that, and just ignore the
> warning?
> Maybe there are even easier to use tools on windows that do this all for

I actually want to use openssl. openssl.exe comes with apache 2.4
distribution.