On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, Fredrik Tolf wrote:
> The point is that the link-local address can only (as the name implies)
> be used on the local link. Routers are forbidden to route it beyond the
> same physical link network.

I'm not sure what you mean by "route it beyond the same physical link
network".  How does that differ from "route it at all"?

It was my understanding that link-local addresses are only forwarded by
layer-2 switches (which, of course, aren't even aware of the address), and
not by any layer-3 devices at all.  Is that incorrect?