Hi Dan,

Thanks for your reply. I'll follow your suggestions and give it another stab.

Kind regards,
Nobby
From: Dan Haywood <d...@haywood-associates.co.uk>
Sent: 21 November 2014 12:28 PM
To: users
Subject: Re: Audit addon web interface

Hi Nobby,

... and welcome to the Apache Isis mailing list.  Sorry not to reply sooner.

I don't think you're missing anything... the audit module doesn't have a UI
itself.  That was mostly because it wasn't clear to me what the standard
queries should/could be.

In the video what you are seeing are, I think, fixtures provided by the
demo webapp.  That is... the audit module functionality itself is in the
"dom" Maven (sub)module, but the demo webapp itself also has additional
code in the "fixtures" Maven submodule and is run from the "webapp"
submodule.

So what you could do is copy and adapt the code in "fixtures", see
AuditEntries [1] (which will give you a menu item) and also
AnyEntityContributedAuditEntries [2] (which will result in an "audit
entries" contributed collection for any object.

If you look at Estatio you'll see something similar (a bit more involved,
because it also queries for commands).

And in fact, do consider integrating the command module [4] too; the audit
and command modules work really nicely together.

Hope that helps,
Dan

[1]
https://github.com/isisaddons/isis-module-audit/blob/master/fixture/src/main/java/org/isisaddons/module/audit/fixture/dom/AuditEntries.java
[2]
https://github.com/isisaddons/isis-module-audit/blob/master/fixture/src/main/java/org/isisaddons/module/audit/fixture/dom/AnyEntityContributedAuditEntries.java
[3]
https://github.com/estatio/estatio/blob/master/webapp/src/main/java/org/estatio/webapp/services/admin/EstatioAuditing.java
[4] https://github.com/isisaddons/isis-module-command

On 19 November 2014 14:12, Nobby Knox <no...@ecn.co.za> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I'm trying to implement the audit addon to my project and have followed
> the "How to Configure/Use" section on the addon page [1]. So far I was able
> to get the addon to record all changes to the IsisAuditEntry table, but the
> web interface part is missing.
>
> The documentation seems quite simple: just add the dependency and then
> specify the two values for the properties
> isis.services.ServicesInstallerFromAnnotation.packagePrefix and
> isis.services. I've done this, but I still don't have the audit info on the
> object pages. Have I don't something wrong?
>
> I noticed on the addon's video that there are some code being copied and
> pasted. Is this what I'm missing? I don't see it in the docs.
>
> Thanks in advance for your assistance.
>
> Kind regards,
> Nobby
> ?
> [1] https://github.com/isisaddons/isis-module-audit
>

> Nobby Knox
> Senior Developer
>

> [http://static.ecntelecoms.za.net/images/ecn-logo.png]
>
> Unit 10 Growthpoint Business Park
> 2 Tonnetti Street, Midrand, 1685
> Office: +27 10 590 6843
> Cell: +27 82 459 1604
>
> no...@ecn.co.za
> www.ecn.co.za<http://www.ecn.co.za/>
>

>  This email is sent subject to the terms and conditions detailed in the
> ECN Email Disclaimer<
> http://www.nashuacommunications.com/disclaimer-and-confidentiality-note/>
>
> Disclaimer

> authorized to receive it.
> If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
> copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this
> information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> This email has been scanned for viruses and malware.

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is
confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others