These are good questions, David T., and I should have thought to ask them
myself.

David H. probably does mean accessing Isis "remotely" rather than my guess,
accessing from a co-located EJB...

On 24 July 2015 at 10:37, David Tildesley <davo...@yahoo.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi David,
> When you say "via EJB" do you mean that you want to "front end" ISIS
> application with session beans and invoke those from another application
> via remote EJB invocation?
> Are you are saying that you want to do that just because you want to avoid
> having to learn REST/Json?
> Or you are thinking you need to expose some coarse grained services via
> session beans as opposed to having to deal with the fine grained RO that
> would be the case if you didn't make use of ISIS View objects?
> Have you considered using using ISIS View objects (a view over the Domain
> layer) to achieve a coarse grained RO interface to match the granularity
> that you need?

If this is the case, David H., then also be aware that in 1.9.0-SNAPSHOT we
have improved content negotiation support, so you quick easily return any
representation you want according to the client's Accept HTTP header and a
suitable implementation of the ContentMappingService, [4], [5]

> Or is it the case that you are required to wrap and use remote EJB
> invocation to enlist the ISIS based application service in a distributed
> managed transaction? But presumably because you were already considering
> using the RO interface, then this is not a requirement?
> I think more information about your architecture constraints and
> requirements is needed.
> Regards.David.

Thx
Dan