Sorry for this, but would be of any help to fully support something  like
Swagger (perhaps there are better options; thought it was somewhat supported
through Maven?) ?

If all we could agree on a common well-known standard in addition to RO
specification it would help our current custom viewer projects and others to
come.

Thanks,

Oscar