If Martin's suggestion of using CSS doesn't sort the issue, then I guess
the fix will need to be a little deeper.... perhaps using some other Wicket
API other than setDisabled(...).  Maybe something like using an
AttributeModifier to put the "readOnly" attribute on instead, cf
http://stackoverflow.com/a/10282380/56880