On 19.01.2023 17:09, Jesse wrote:
After updating the pom.xml for my application from JCR-OAK 1.44.0 to
1.46.0, my application failed to compile due to the Guava library not being
found. I also see from the 1.46 changelog:

[OAK-9994] - avoid leaking out transitive dependencies to Guava

I assumed the dependency was no longer automatically resolved, so I added
an entry for the latest Guava version 31.1-jre, and the code compiles
again. However it looks like JCR oak needs a specific version of Guava to
function correctly, or it will fail. (If I change the version to 15.0, it
works).

I'm not sure what the intent of all the changes are in this release, but I
think the old behavior of providing the dependency of the version required
by oak is the better approach.

This is all expected, intentionally, and described in
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK-9994>.

Best regards, Julian