On 28/10/13 18:21, Tim Harsch wrote:
Thanks Andy,
I didn't think to look at that, because apparently I misunderstood
unionDefaultGraph. I thought it was analagous to Allegrograph which treats the
default graph as a union of all graphs (default + named).
According to:
http://jena.apache.org/documentation/tdb/assembler.html#union-default-graph
"An assembler can specify that the default graph for query is the union of the named
graphs. "

So does that mean that when data, with triples in the unnamed graph, is loaded
into the dataset it is discarded?  Or is it retained in a default graph which
is just inaccessible by query?

The latter - they go in to the (real) default graph.

unionDefaultGraph is an artifact of query processing.

        Andy