Hi Dick,

Thanks for the details.

So TriTable is used as the internal implementation of a caching read-only graph and you're using the loop form for GRAPH (and often the loop is one URI - i.e. directed to one part of the data). Using TriTable is because it's a convenient triple storage for the use case.

The two interesting pieces to Jena:

1/ support for writing dynamic adapters

2/ a graph (DatasetGraph) implementation that more clearly has an interface for storage.

On the latter: I've come across this before and sketched this interface.

It's nothing more than a first pass sketch. Is this the sort of thing that might work for your use case? (a graph storage version with quads over the top as a subcase):

interface StorageRDF {
    default void add(Triple triple) { .... }
    default void add(Quad quad)     { .... }

    default void delete(Triple triple)  { .... }
    default void delete(Quad quad)      { .... }

    void add(Node s, Node p, Node o) ;
    void add(Node g, Node s, Node p, Node o) ;

    void delete(Node s, Node p, Node o) ;
    void delete(Node g, Node s, Node p, Node o) ;

    /** Delete all triples matching a {@code find}-like pattern */
    void removeAll(Node s, Node p, Node o) ;
    /** Delete all quads matching a {@code find}-like pattern */
    void removeAll(Node g, Node s, Node p, Node o) ;

    // NB Quads
    Stream<Quad>   findDftGraph(Node s, Node p, Node o) ;
    Stream<Quad>   findUnionGraph(Node s, Node p, Node o) ;
    Stream<Quad>   find(Node g, Node s, Node p, Node o) ;
    // For findUnion.
    Stream<Quad>   findDistinct(Node g, Node s, Node p, Node o) ;

    // triples
    Stream<Triple> find(Node s, Node p, Node o) ;

//    default Stream<Triple> find(Node s, Node p, Node o) {
//        return findDftGraph(s,p,o).map(Quad::asTriple) ;
//    }

//    Iterator<Quad>   findUnionGraph(Node s, Node p, Node o) ;
//    Iterator<Quad>   find(Node g, Node s, Node p, Node o) ;

    // contains

    default boolean contains(Node s, Node p, Node o)
    { return find(s,p,o).findAny().isPresent() ; }
    default boolean contains(Node g, Node s, Node p, Node o)
    { return find(g,s,p,o).findAny().isPresent() ; }

    // Prefixes ??
}

https://github.com/afs/AFS-Dev/tree/master/src/main/java/projects/dsg2
also has the companion DatasetGraphStorage.

    Andy