Just a side note; Jena offers SPARQL 1.1, which includes property paths [1]. In
some situations, they can be used to do some forms of inference (e.g. some
kinds of problems involving subsumption) right in your SPARQL queries.

---
A. Soroka
The University of Virginia Library

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-query/#propertypaths