----- Mensaje original -----
De: "Lorenz B." <buehm...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
Para: users@jena.apache.org
Enviados: Lunes, 20 de Marzo 2017 2:24:33
Asunto: Re: [MASSMAIL]Re: about TDB JENA

It totally depends on the reasoning that you want to apply. OWL 2 DL is
not possible via simple rules, but for instance RDFS/OLW Horst and OWL
RL can be doen via rule-based materialization.
>  I keep going into details, thank you for responding.
>
> Of the 13 million property assertions, almost 80% are assertions of object
> properties, ie relationships between individuals. In the last ontology I
> generated automatically, only for one of the municipalities in Cuba, I had 27
> 763 887 of object properties assertions, 105 054 data property assertions and
> 8 158 individuals.
>
> The inference I need is basically the following:
>
> 1) To know all the individuals that belong to a class directly and
> indirectly, taking into consideration the equivalence between classes and
> between individuals.
Depends on the reasoning profile and the ontology schema, but might be
covered by SPARQL 1.1 as long as you need only RDFS/OWL RL reasoning.

> 2) Given an individual (Ind) and an object property (OP), know all
> individuals related to "Ind", through OP. Considering the following
> characteristics of OP: symmetry, functional, transitivity, inverse,
> equivalence.
>
> 3) Search the direct and indirect subclasses of a class.
SPARQL 1.1 property paths as long as the classes are atomic classes and
not complex class expressions.

> 4) Identify all classes equivalent to a class, considering that the
> equivalence relation is transitive.
>
> 5) Identify the set of superclasses of a class.
SPARQL 1.1 property paths as long as the classes are atomic classes and
not complex class expressions.

> Could JENA and TDB afford that kind of inference on my big ontologies?
>
> Excuse me, but I'm not a deep connoisseur of the SPARQL language. I have only
> used it to access data that is explicit on the ontology, similar to SQL in
> relational databases, I have never used it (nor do I know if it is possible
> to do so) to infer implicit knowledge.
The approach that people do is either query rewriting w.r.t. the schema
or forward-chaining, i.e. materialization based on a set of inference
rules. For RDFS, OWL Horst and OWL RL this is possible. Materialization
has to be done only once (given that the dataset does not change).

--
Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig