good evening;

> On 2017-05-07, at 14:56, sorok...@gmail.com wrote:
>

> > How do I activate this on Jena/Fuseki? Sounds useful to avoid returning too
> > much data at once.
> >

> In order to page, you will need to define an order for your results using
> ORDER BY. Then you can use OFFSET and LIMIT to select pages out of those
> results. Generally, this can be pretty expensive.

in general, for the sizes where one would bother to page, the order stage could
be an issue.
but … is the order by actually required by fuseki?
this would be the case if the are results from one request to the next are not
stable, but otherwise it would not be necessary.

> ---
> A. Soroka
>
> Laura Morales wrote on 5/7/17 4:55 AM:
>>> i do not understand the approach to be one which deploys a local sparql
>>> _endpoint_.
>>> the posted software (http://linkeddatafragments.org/software/) embeds the
>>> sparql processor in the application.
>>> whether the application turns around and acts as a sparql endpoint is a
>>> separate question.
>>

>> oh, I didn't expect this. From my understanding, LDF servers are supposed to
>> return only simple subsets of their data, for example all values for a
>> single subject "<subject> ?p ?o". So, for more complex queries I don't see
>> how it's possible to answer the query without downloading huge chunks of the
>> data and build some local graph.
>>

>>> [..] one means which they introduce to govern server resource usage is
>>> response paging, which is also available from a sparql endpoint.
>>

>> How do I activate this on Jena/Fuseki? Sounds useful to avoid returning too
>> much data at once.

---
james anderson | ja...@dydra.com | http://dydra.com