On 19/3/18, 9:40 pm, "Martynas Jusevičius" <marty...@atomgraph.com> wrote:

    David,

    >I gave you links but I take you haven't looked. The Web-Client project
   > specifically renders RDF as HTML. The crucial class is this:

https://github.com/AtomGraph/Web-Client/blob/master/src/main/java/com/atomgraph/client/writer/ModelXSLTWriter.java

Actually, I have looked. The code you mentioned is over 400 lines long and I
can't see a UI component in it.
I have to admire your self-documenting coding style, but it is not the easy to
follow example I was looking for.

   > If you are looking to write generic software, you definitely want to render
   >Model and not ResultSet. With ResultSet you only get a plain old table,
   > with all the graph relationships stripped away.

I've suspected as much. By iterating over ResultSet I may as well use a
relational database instead of a semantic model.
It is frustrating! I know intuitively using a semantic model is richer but
without examples I'm reinventing a wheel that took teams of smarter people than
me years to invent the first time.

    >It also helps to think about the UI as a function of the data. HTML webpage
    >is just one more transformation applied to the Linked Data RDF description.

Again, easy to say. Probably easy for YOU to do. Bet where are the easy to
follow example code in small enough bites for the beginner to follow?

I'm pretty much resigned to there not being any. I will try to write some.

DM