Hello,

just as a general comment, Jena artifacts are published in the official
Maven repo. No need to build from source or download them manually if
your project uses Maven, Ivy or SBT.

Can you please explain how you want to use Jena?
- From Java? If so, is it a Maven project?
- From CLI? If so, there are downloadable releases which contains all
the tools and scripts.

More comments inline:

> I am trying to install jena 3.12.0 in windows 8 to use it with eclipse.
which Java version?

> I followed instructions of this web page:
>
> https://jena.apache.org/getting_involved/index.html
what does this mean?

> at first the repository indicated there seems to be invalid, then I
> used the following repository:
>
> https://github.com/apache/jena.git
>
> and followed the procedure from command prompt:
>
> git clone  https://github.com/apache/jena.git
>
> cd jena
> mvn clean install
> nevertheless, after running for several minutes there was a failure.
>
> I attached the screenshot.
attachments are not allowed on this mailing list. Please provide a link
to the uploaded screenshot.

> Then, I wonder what could happens here?, the result is similar if I
> download the binaries and try to compile and install.

Why do you download binaries and then want to compile them? Binaries are
already compiled. And install what or how?

--
Lorenz Bühmann
AKSW group, University of Leipzig