At a high level, it seems just as easy (if not a good bit easier) to do this in
SPARQL (which can be understood as supporting some simple inferencing, if you
like to think of it that way). Is it absolutely necessary to do this using
inferencing? Are you trying to use that because your recent experience has been
with OWL?

ajs6f