That's done the trick - I hadn't realised there were differences in
functionality between the two different distros - for the avoidance of
doubt, I downloaded the "Apache Jena Fuseki' tgz found here:
https://jena.apache.org/download/index.cgi

Running the jar file you pointed at seems to do the trick, but it's a shame
the UI is lost in doing so.

Thanks

--
Simon White