Hi Andy and Nicola,

sending updates to the inference graph effectively triggers the inference. In
my example it causes an AddDeniedException, because the UnionGraph is
read-only. However, the inference is still executed.

@Nicola: Your solution sounds very interesting. I'm looking forward to your
blog post!

Background:
We chose the described approach with two datasets and the UnionGraph because
we'd like to separate the ontology, the original data and the reasoning
results. By using the UnionGraph from the first dataset as the base graph for
the inference dataset, we don't have to manually duplicate the original data.
We need to keep track of the original data in different named graphs to be able
to easily do CRUD operations at runtime. The inferenced graph is meant for
querying. In order to expand the query results, the inference should resolve
hierarchical relationships (rdfs:subClassOf, rdfs:subPropertyOf), equality
statements (owl:sameAs) and perform classifications based on property
restrictions (owl:Restriction).

Best regards,
Sascha