On 11/05/2021 16:44, Martin Van Aken wrote:
Hello again!
I've a fuseki instance running (as we need the API) - but OTOH I'd like to
use the various command like tools (like tdbquery or tdbstats). I'm unclear
of the exact relations between Jena & Fuseki. I feel with Fuseki I've a
full set (SPARQL engine, TDB db plus an API on top) - but I don't get
everything that is in the Jena "main" distro.

Can I combine both? How can I install the various tools to complement my
existing Fuseki install (if that make sense).

Fuseki is the triplestore/HTTP part and uses TDB2 etc and the rest of Jena. Jena library/commands and Fuseki are built from the same codebase at the same time. Fuseki jars/warfile have the rest of jena inside them.

We only have one release process - it makes both at the same time. They are the same really.

To get the full set of scripts, download the artifact "apache-jena-4.0.0.zip" (from the download page or maven central.) This zip has the scripts and all libraries necessary.

Shh - don't tell anyone but all the java for the command line tools are include in the Fuseki server jar file as well! If you have set up a server with Fuseki, being able to ssh in and run commands off the server jar can be useful.

So while it does not have the scripts (sh and bat files) to run the commands, it does have the java. You have to know eeh java class name, most are "jena.CMD" except tdb.tdbquery etc. The name is in the scripts.

java -cp fuseki-server.jar jena.riot -version

    Andy

Thanks!

Martin