After looking at this code, failing line in bold:
jena-geosparql/src/main/java/org/apache/jena/geosparql/configuration/ModeSRS.java
https://github.com/apache/jena/blob/main/jena-geosparql/src/main/java/org/apache/jena/geosparql/configuration/ModeSRS.java

        ExtendedIterator<RDFNode> nodeIter =
model.listObjectsOfProperty(Geo.HAS_SERIALIZATION_PROP);
        boolean isGeometryLiteralsFound = nodeIter.hasNext();
        if (!isGeometryLiteralsFound) {
            NodeIterator wktNodeIter =
model.listObjectsOfProperty(Geo.AS_WKT_PROP);
            NodeIterator gmlNodeIter =
model.listObjectsOfProperty(Geo.AS_GML_PROP);
            nodeIter = wktNodeIter.andThen(gmlNodeIter);
        }

        while (nodeIter.hasNext()) {
            RDFNode node = nodeIter.next();
            if (node.isLiteral()) {
*                GeometryWrapper geometryWrapper =
GeometryWrapper.extract(node.asLiteral());*

I did SELECT queries to try to understand what is wrong .
It appears that these triples are not present:
?S <http://www.opengis.net/ont/geosparql#hasSerialization> ?O .
?S <http://www.opengis.net/ont/geosparql#asGML> ?O .

BUT, there is a bunch of these triples:
?S <http://www.opengis.net/ont/geosparql#asWKT> ?O .

Here is one example of the object values:
"POINT(-4.189911,54.880557,0)"
I probably imported them by hacking a JSON API as JSON-LD , I have to check
my journals ...

Looking at the OGC GeoSPARQL standard, I saw that the WKT strings should
have this datatype :
http://www.opengis.net/ont/geosparql#wktLiteral

So I can make a SPARQL update to FIX my data .
But maybe Jena GeoSPARQL could be forgiving about the string datatype for
WKT data .
And the error message should be more explicit ...

Thanks Andy for the quick answer.

Jean-Marc Vanel
<http://semantic-forms.cc:9112/display?displayuri=http://jmvanel.free.fr/jmv.rdf%23me>
+33