From: Jun Rao [mailto:jun...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2013 12:06 AM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: Changing the number of partitions after a topic is created

Currently, once a topic is created, the number of partitions can't be changed.
We are working on a tool to allow that. For now, you will have to either use a
new topic with more partitions or if you don't care about messages being
consumed in order, you can feed the consumed messages to a separate thread pool
for processing.

Thanks,

Jun