We found a issue that if broker host is un resolvable, the number of file
handle keep increasing for every message we produce and eventually it uses
up all available files handles in operating system. If broker itself is not
running and broker host name is resolvable, open file handles count stays
flat.

lsof output shows number of these open file handles continue to grow for
every message we produce.

 java      19631    relango   81u     sock                0,6      0t0
 196966526 can't identify protocol

Is this a bug is producer API..? What is best way to self protect our self ?

Raja.