Guozhang,
The documentation is not very clear.
Marc's response for producer purgatory makes sense.
I am not entirely clear on fetch purgatory.
How does broker use purgatory? Is it a temporary holding area? What happens
to the messages if purge interval is exceeded in case of either/both
producer and consumer? Are messages dropped in this case?
Thanks,
Priya