Thanks for giving the 0.8.1 release a spin! A few people have reported bugs
with delete topic <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1310> and
also the automatic leader
rebalancing<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-1305>feature
that we released as part of 0.8.1. These features were released as
beta and were not widely tested at LinkedIn, unlike most of the stuff that
we have released in the past. As a result, more bugs are being reported on
0.8.1 that are of a rather serious nature. It is unclear how many of these
bugs might show up on 0.8.1 as more people adopt it. To mitigate the impact
and also to continue releasing stable code to our users, I'm proposing we
do a point release (0.8.1.1?) to turn off these features for the time
being. Stabilize and test these and then release these as part of 0.8.2.

Do people have any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
Neha