Hi Arjun ,

What is the configured number of logical partitions per topic per server .
With the partition size as 2 , Only two partitions would be created
distributed over 2 brokers with one partition each , you can confirm  the
same by checking the log file directory for each broker (default -
/tmp/kafka-logs). Probably the 3d broker does not have any Topic-partition
for data to be written/read.

You may also use tool : bin/kafka-list-topic.sh –zookeeper
localhost:2181 –topic
{topic-name}