That is indeed a problem, for now, we recommend group name and topic names
to use "_" when there is a need for "-", but this should be fixed
systematically.

For you use case, could you change your topic/group name using "_"? Also,
do you mind to file a JIRA ticket to keep track of this issue?

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang