Robert,

Thanks for the description. Just want to clarify on some of the points
(assuming one transaction may include multiple messages below):

2) For the "one-to-one mapping" to work, does the consumer can only read at
transaction boundaries, i.e., all or none messages are returned to the
consumer of a single transaction at once; or it is sufficient to let
consumers just read committed messages? For the use case you described it
seems the second option is good enough.

4) If an upstream data source / producer has failed and lost some committed
transactions, and then on restart regenerates them, since the transaction
has been previously committed the downstream consumer may have already
consumed their messages, and regenerating the transaction will inevitably
result in duplicates. Is that OK for your case?

Thanks,
Guozhang

-- Guozhang