Yes, reducing the refresh interval to 100ms will cause it to try to select
another partition every 100ms, not necessarily a different partition tough,
since it just gets a next random int % num.partitions.

Setting the key can also resolve this issue, as long as the key values are
evenly distributed, since the partition selected is effectively based on
key values.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang