Joel,

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, the raw bytes interface is simpler than the Generic api. However, it
just pushes the complexity of dealing with the objects to the application.
We also thought about the layered approach. However, this may confuse the
users since there is no single entry point and it's not clear which layer a
user should be using.

Jun