Hey Otis,

I think the key phrase in Samza's description is:

"Apache Samza is a distributed stream processing framework"

Kafka is not a stream processing framework. It's a message queue/broker
system. Stream processing frameworks (e.g. Storm, Spark Streaming, Samza,
etc) use message queueing/brokering systems to pass messages within the
stream processing framework.

Samza is more akin to Storm or Spark Streaming. KOYA is just putting Kafka
brokers in a YARN grid.

At least, that's my understanding.

Cheers,
Chris