On Monday 02 February 2015 11:03 PM, Jun Rao wrote:
Jaikiran,

The fix you provided in probably unnecessary. The channel that we use in
SimpleConsumer (BlockingChannel) is configured to be blocking. So even
though the read from the socket is in a loop, each read blocks if there is
no bytes received from the broker. So, that shouldn't cause extra CPU
consumption.
Hi Jun,

Of course, you are right! I forgot that while reading the thread dump in hprof output, one has to be aware that the thread state isn't shown and the thread need not necessarily be doing any CPU activity.

-Jaikiran

Thanks,

Jun

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Mathias Söderberg <