I'm trying to understand how the partition key works and whether I need to
specify a partition key for my topics or not.   What happens if I don't
specify a PK and I have more than one consumer that wants all messages in a
topic for a certain period of time? Will those consumers get all the
messages, but they just may not be ordered correctly?

The current scenario is that we will have events going into a topic based
on customer and the data will remain in the topic for 24 hours. We will
then have multiple consumers reading messages from that topic. They will
want to be able to get them out over a time range (could be last hour, last
8 hours etc).

So if I specify the same PK for each subscriber, then each consumer will
get all messages in the correct order?  If I don't specify the PK or use a
random one, will each consumer still get all the messages but they just
won't be ordered correctly?