I don’t think num.replica.fetchers will help in this case. Increasing
number of fetcher threads will only help in cases where you have a large
amount of data coming into a broker and more replica fetcher threads will
help keep up. We usually only use 1-2 for each broker. But in your case,
it looks that leader migration cause issue.
Do you see anything else in the log? Like preferred leader election?

Jiangjie (Becket) Qin