> Hmm, that sounds like a bug. Can you paste the log of leader rebalance
> here?
Thanks for you suggestions.
It looks like the rebalance actually happened only once soon after I started
with clean cluster and data was pushed, it didn’t happen again so far, and I
see the partitions leader counts on brokers did not change since then. One of
the brokers was constantly showing 0 for partition leader count. Is that normal?

Also, I still see lots of below errors (~69k) going on in the logs since the
restart. Is there any other reason than rebalance for these errors?

[2015-03-07 14:23:28,963] ERROR [ReplicaFetcherThread-2-5], Error for partition
[Topic-11,7] to broker 5:class kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException
(kafka.server.ReplicaFetcherThread)
[2015-03-07 14:23:28,963] ERROR [ReplicaFetcherThread-1-5], Error for partition
[Topic-2,25] to broker 5:class kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException
(kafka.server.ReplicaFetcherThread)
[2015-03-07 14:23:28,963] ERROR [ReplicaFetcherThread-2-5], Error for partition
[Topic-2,21] to broker 5:class kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException
(kafka.server.ReplicaFetcherThread)
[2015-03-07 14:23:28,963] ERROR [ReplicaFetcherThread-1-5], Error for partition
[Topic-22,9] to broker 5:class kafka.common.NotLeaderForPartitionException
(kafka.server.ReplicaFetcherThread)

> Some other things to check are:
> 1. The actual property name is auto.leader.rebalance.enable, not
> auto.leader.rebalance. You’ve probably known this, just to double confirm.
Yes

> 2. In zookeeper path, can you verify /admin/preferred_replica_election
> does not exist?
ls /admin
[delete_topics]
ls /admin/preferred_replica_election
Node does not exist: /admin/preferred_replica_election

Thanks
Zakee